Monday, April 21, 2008

Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill

I just finished Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill and it was a great read. Mr. Hill combined horror with good writing to make for a fast paced non-stop action read. I liked how Mr. Hill developed the characters through out the story rather than taking the first 50 or so pages to set everyone up. This made for a nice thread through out the story. Many plots in one all at the same time. Overall, its a great read and is highly recommended for all horror fans. I think there is enough of a draw for non-horror fans as well.

7 comments:

Akasha Savage. said...

I read The Heart-Shaped Box about a month ago and thought it a good read...although I don't think Joe Hill has realised his full potnetial yet...I feel he has more talent waiting to come out. I have just started reading 20th Century Ghosts, his collection of short stories: I recommend it.

M Schmidt said...

I agree with you that Joe Hill probably hasn't reached his full potential yet but it took his Dad a couple of books to get really cranked up and going.

Akasha Savage. said...

Yeah, I agree with you...I think Mr King only really took off once he'd written The Shining & 'Salom's Lot.

Akasha Savage. said...

I think you're blog does something to my sense of spelling!!
First I can't spell potential, and now 'Salem's Lot!
:)

M Schmidt said...

I cant spell myself - if it wasnt for spell checkers I would be dead in the water........

M Schmidt said...

By The Way Akasha I dropped a link to you blog on my site but I dont like how my blog links looks so I will tinker a bit - loved your blog.

Akasha Savage. said...

Thanks for visiting...pop across and pull up a chair anytime! :)